Hi Guys :) Happy New Year! Today I'm trying out the new (or was it around for ages?) Blogger app on my iPad, so let's see how this goes haha. The layout might be slightly different and stuff, but if this works out well, I will be blogging more often since it's more convenient. I know, how lazy, right? Anyway, If you've been following me on instagram, you know I recently purchased the Banana Shampoo from The Body Shop. I felt like a lot of people wanted to hear my thoughts on this product so here it is- a review! :).
Scent ? Smells like straight up bananas or banana milk. Honestly, I'm not too crazy about the scent, but I don't hate it at the same time.I find that it doesn't linger for too long on my hair.
Texture ? It has a gel consistency like other shampoos. Lathers well, but not too crazy like the big shampoo from Lush.
- Very nourishing, great for dry/ dull hair (like mine :/)
- makes the hair super shiny
- made with community trade banana purée
- scent is not too strong after rinsing with water
- container is made from recycled plastic
- doesn't come in a bigger bottle. I believe they only carry the 250ml ones which seems like 15-20 uses for me (I have shoulder length hair). However, I feel like this shampoo is more of a "nourishing shampoo" rather than a "clarifying shampoo", so I don't use it everyday.
Value ? $8 for 250ml (8.4oz). So if you are interested in this shampoo, I do recommend getting this on sale.
Overall Rating ? 4/5
Repurchase ? Maybe. Only because I like trying out new things. It's a great shampoo overall and I do recommend it.
So that was my short review on the banana shampoo! Hope you liked it and thanks for stopping by ;)