Hi Girls ^^
Today I have a review of the Bobbi Brown Warm Party Eye Palette for you. This palette is a part of BB's 2011 Holiday Collection and I believe it's limited edition. There is also a 'cool' palette available, but I didn't get it since cool colors tend to look funny on me. These palettes are $45 each and comes with 6 eye shadows.
Now first things first, the packaging - it's clean and simple, classic Bobbi Brown. I love how it's super slim - it makes it so much easier for traveling and storing!
Here is a size comparison with other products. As you can see it's not that big at all!
Now on to the shadows!
Most of the shadows are very subtle and those colors only create a sheer wash of color.
The six shades are :
Top Row L-R
- Bone Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow : Off-white with pearl finish. This one is very creamy and easy to blend.
- Champagne Quarts Metallic Eye Shadow : Frosty champagne.
- Pebble Metallic Eye Shadow : Slated Gray - Almost like a luster finish.
Bottom Row L-R
- Pink Blaze Sparkle Eye Shadow : A rosey champagne with glitter - this one looks too 'red' on me.
- Copper Sand Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow : Light golden brown with pearl finish. It's a lovely all over the lid kinda color. Very light tho.
- Black Chocolate Eye Shadow : Matte dark brown. Very pigmented and easy to blend. definitely a star from the palette. LOVE!
Overall, I like the palette, but I don't think it's a 'must have'. While I love the packaging, I'm not a big fan of the color selection. Yes, they create a very elegant look and the formulas are great. But I wish they had more 'mid tone colors' instead of having 5 light/subtle colors and one very dark color. Though, I imagine people who like to wear minimal makeup loving this palette a lot. In my case, I end up grabbing other eyeshadows to complete the eye look.
Have you tried this palette? What's your favorite BB eye shadow?