Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Love/Hate Relationships

Hi Friends 
 I've been meaning to do this blog post a for while (since I read Tiffany's Blog Post), but finally got around to it. If you have been reading my blog, you know that if I like something, I use it to death lol. I'm the kind of person who can use the same blush every single day for months and months. On the other hand, if I hate a product, I usually throw it away or give it to someone without hesitation. But these products are a bit tricky. I can't decide weather I love them or not! One day I will fall in love, and the next day I will hate them with a passion.
L'oreal Everstrong Overnight Repair Treatment
Essie Luscious Lips
Revlon Matte l/s in Pink Pout
MAC l/s in Innocence, Beware! (Venomous Villains Collection)
MAC blush in Melba
Hera Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Grey
L'oreal Everstrong Overnight Repair Treatment
This is a great overnight treatment for sure. I have pretty dry/frizzy hair due to regular dyeing, but this product makes my hair so soft. Seriously, the next day, I can't stop pulling my fingers through it! It feels much more healthier and bouncier. I also love how the treatment doesn't transfer to the pillow. However, - are you ready - this product smells really bad. I don't even know how to describe it! :( It's one of those scents that reminds me of something rotten and gross... :(.
MAC blush in Melba
Melba is gorgeous subdued coral/peach blush. This guy simply has everything I want in a blush - matte finish, good staying power, good(actually great) pigmentation. When I'm tanned, it looks soo pretty on me, but when I'm pale (like right now), it's a bit too orange to the point where it looks muddy. :o I wish I could wear it more often, but it just looks awful.
MAC l/s in Innocence, Beware! (Venomous Villains Collection)
I remember this lipstick being one of the most popular items of the collection. I myself, had to run to MAC before the collection launched to get this little one. Apparently, it was the last tube at my closest counter. Anyway, Innocence, Beware! is the perfect pink-nude. That is, color-wise. It's very close to MAC's Hue lipstick, but a tiny bit pinker. I love the color than any other lipstick that I own, but the formula is terrible. First off, it emphasizes the 'flaws' of my lips. I have very dry lips, so whenever I'm using a lipstick, I apply lip balm before and a gloss after. I've tried at least 5 different lip balms to make this work, but failed every time. Also, this lipstick lasts for like 10-15 minutes - and that is without eating or drinking. So frustrating :s.
Revlon Matte l/s in Pink Pout
I first saw this lipstick in Allison or Amarixe's videos and made a purchase, because I was in a search of a good lilac-pink lipstick. Love the color again, but it doesn't show up on my lips very well! I don't consider myself to have very pigmented lips, but for some reason, to make this lipstick work I have to apply MAC's Myth underneath. I know a lot of people love this lipstick and think it's not drying as well, but it IS drying. It's a matte lipstick after all.
Essie Luscious Lips
Remember the NOTD post i did a few days ago? Yup, I still love the color, hate the formula. 

Hera Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Grey
I bought this guy when I was in Korea, and I loved it so much, I bought another one for my mom the very next day. I think it was about $13 (KRW 15,000). What I like about this product is that it matches my natural hair color very well. Therefore, it gives the most natural look, just like the Korean celebrities. However, the lasting power is so so. I have to re-apply it every 3-4 hours and it's a bit annoying. If you have bangs, this is not for you.

~ Swatches ~
L-R : Innocence Beware, Pink Pout, Melba, Melba blended out, Hera Automatic Brow Pencil

Do you have any love/hate relationship products you would like to share?
If so, how do you deal with it?

<3
Amy

16 comments:

  1. the blush is great , now i'm following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the shades of both lippies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jergens natural glow lotion --- it totally works but sounds gross lol

    for the blush maybe try blending it with a lighter power to soften it up? not sure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amy. love this. I'm so excited that I found your blog. I'm following now, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over a month ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some blushes do make me look 'muddy' or 'unwashed' haha.
    That why I tend to go for pastel or pale shades of pink or peach.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yah I have melba and I try to love but i just find it ok.. I much prefer my Illamasqua Lover powder blush..

    Really great blog btw.. I'm following ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful photos! :) If you want I suggest you go to see some of my Gucci! and maybe you could tell me which you prefer! maybe you could become my followers if you want it. :)

    http://theempireofsuccess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. O M G that essie luscious lips color is SOOO PRETTY!!! it's like the perfect blush pink!!! i want it! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good post, thanks for sharing.:D

    I think I can live with the scent of the hair treatment as long as it works!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try the overnight repair treatment! Thanks for this great post!
    Want to follow each other?
    http://fashuhneestah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the colors of those lipsticks! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the same problem with my MAC Creme d'nude lipstick. gorgeous color and scent, but staying power is not great and also brings out the dryness of my lips! Love/hate rel. with products is the worse, you want to keep trying it to make it work out but it won't ):

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahah! Wow what a post. I loved reading your love/hate relationships. I love the Mac blush. Coral are always my fave! XX

    New follower! Hope you can check out my blog too :)
    http://feminine-art.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete