Saturday, January 5, 2013

NOTD : Essie To Buy or Not to Buy + TonyMoly GP01 Hologram

Hi guys! Today I have a NOTD/ Nail Polish review post for you! Hope you like it ;)

Essie To Buy or Not to Buy (2 coats) is a beautiful pale lavender with micro holographic glitters in it. I have to say it looks absolutely stunning in the bottle. However, once it's applied, you can't see the glitters and it tends to look like a cream finish. The consistency is quite thin, but goes on pretty even and opaque. It lasts for average of 2 days without topcoat. Although there are many lavender nail polishes out in the market, I think this one suits my skin tone the best. I just want it to last a little longer on my nails :/. $5-$9.

TonyMoly GP01 Hologram (applied on the tips only/ 2-3 coats) is a holographic glitter top coat. It's packed with big and small glitters, but overall the glitters don't get any bigger than a diameter of 0.5mm. Although you really can't see in the picture, the top coat is super shiny and I think it definitely gives dimension to the nails. One of my favorites! $3 (KRW 3000).

9 comments:

  1. love this on you!
    (and i am so glad you are back blogging again.)

    ^----^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear! I'm glad I'm blogging again too lol

      Delete
  2. Welcome back Amy!!
    Oh I have this one too and I love it!! I love Essie formula when it comes to pastel nail polish ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, I love the delicate color in combination with the gradient shimmer at the tips! I've been loving lavender lately as well; right now I'm using Essie Lilacism (though it's a good bit darker). I'm so happy to see you blogging again, and can't wait to see future posts. You've also reminded me that I need to look into a Blogger app for iPad; I think that would make life so much easier! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually you're the one who inspired me to go for lilac haha I saw your tweet and I was like yessss
      The blogger app kinda sucks :( I have no idea how to change fonts or how to arrange pictures. BUT I will continue to use it bc I'm that lazy (yup it's kinda sad)

      Delete
    2. Yay (for the lilac)! You're right, it does seem pretty bare bones; hopefully they'll come up with better versions in the future!

      Delete
  4. I love lavender shades, very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete